This unique 4 bedroom detached property is located in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside between the World Heritage City of Bath (5.6miles) and the pretty town of Bradford-on-Avon (3.5miles) , The House is a credit to the current owners who have achieved the perfect blend of period & contemporary living within 0.5 acres of landscaped grounds.
• A period property improved with contemporary extension, providing a seamless indoor to outdoor living space.
• Open plan kitchen/ dining area with multi aspect windows flooding the room with natural light throughout the day.
• Additional indoor seating mezzanine level with a picture window and views to the garden.
• The first floor comprises a sizable main bedroom with windows to two sides and beams, and a second bedroom, presently used as a study/yoga suite, and bathroom.
• The ground floor offers a large sitting room with fireplace, window seat, beams, and windows to two sides. We find two further double bedrooms, bathroom, and lengthy utility/entrance hall.
• Externally are landscaped gardens on two levels.
• There are three lawn areas amongst planted beds and borders adjoining fields & woodland, whilst paths and steps snake around the gardens to new areas.
• There are fruit trees (apple, damson, and pear) and a hidden vegetable garden with two sheds.
• The summer house/garden office has a covered veranda and enjoys an elevated position looking back at the house.
• Lots of pleasant seating areas to take in the sun or find some shade.
• An ample driveway with parking for several cars behind high gates at the front of the plot.
Dry Arch House is a perfect family home for those wishing to escape from the city seeking a more tranquil and healthier lifestyle. Farleigh Wick is a hamlet within the Cotswolds area of outstanding natural beauty. There are stunning walks to be enjoyed from the house. Nearby Monkton Farleigh has a primary school, local pub, church, and village hall with horse livery at Church Farm. Farleigh Wick is close to amenities in Bathford, Batheaston and Bradford on Avon and benefits from easy access to both junction 17 (Chippenham) and 18 (Bath) of the M4 motorway. Bradford on Avon, Bath and Chippenham have railway stations giving access to London, Bristol, Wales, and the South Coast.